Citect SCADA 2016 delivers new powerful functionality, with a reimagined engineering experience to help you configure and deploy your Citect SCADA systems faster than ever before
Introducing Citect Studio – our new unified configuration environment
- Replaces Citect Explorer & Project Editor
- Intuitive activity-based user experience
- Fresh look & feel
- Modern UI technology (WPF & .NET)
New user-friendly grid functionality
- Display & edit content from active project and all its includes
- Select multiple cells/rows and make bulk changes directly from grid or via new property grid
- Configuration changes will cascade (e.g. change variable tag name and all linked alarms, trends, etc. will be updated with the new name)
- Hide/show and reorder columns
- Multi-column filter, Sort by any column
- Copy/Paste to and from other editors (e.g. Excel®)
- Import from / Export to CSV for bulk external modifications
Enhanced deployment management
- Central store of compiled projects
- Controlled deployment of projects to servers & clients
- Store multiple version of projects with local & remote rollback
- Delta-only transfer
- Using HTTPS between Citect SCADA nodes & Deployment server
- Role based access: Admin, Deploy, Upload, Read-Only
Notification for operators
- Force, Prompt & Notify
Simplified Server configuration using Topology view
With Citect Studio, you no longer need to navigate up to 8 separate configuration forms to understand your Citect SCADA Server configuration.
The new Topology view allows you to visualise your entire Citect SCADA server infrastructure in one single location, even if the server configuration resides in multiple include projects.
You also have the choice of viewing your toplogy either by machine or by cluster.
Calculated Variables driving engineering simplicity
Calculated variables allow you to present the result of a Cicode expression as a variable tag, allowing you to minimise the use of events and background Cicode tasks to carry out Cicode calculations.
- The Cicode expression may be an in-built Cicode function, a user-created Cicode function or any calculation referencing variable tags and/or other calculated variables.
- The Cicode expression is evaluated on the I/O Server where the Cicode I/O Device is defined, and only when a subscription to the calculated variable exists.
- Will only add to license point count if the expression refers to a variable tag in the system. Not applicable to in-built and user-created functions, which return information or data.
Access more contextual information to make better decisions, faster
To further enhance the Citect SCADA equipment model, you can now access the properties (.On, .Ack, etc.) for your alarm items in your Equipment using the Equipment.Item syntax
For example, let's say you have a piece of equipment called MyValve that has a Fault alarm item defined with it. You can now check the acknowledgement status of that alarm by referencing the following at runtime:
For a full list of available alarm properties, search Supported Alarm Properties in the Help.
Enhancements to BACnet driver & integration with Time Scheduler
- Improved Tag import
- View and edit the schedules from devices in the Scheduler control
- New Special Days view
Added support for Unicast communications with KNX driver
- Uses KNX IP Tunnelling
- One I/O Device per router
- Improved performance and scalability
- Allows the same group address to be configured on multiple lines
- Allows server redundancy to be supported
New S7TCP driver supporting the latest Siemens™ S7-1500 PLCs
- Direct Ethernet connection
- Variable tags are addressed using the symbolic tag names
Enhance lifecycle management, reduce engineering time, risk & disruption
Citect SCADA 2016 delivers on the promise of an intuitive and efficient SCADA upgrade, providing support for:
- Direct offline upgrade* from version 5.21 onwards
- Online upgrade from version 7.20 onwards
Additionally Citect SCADA 2016 is compatible with Windows® Server® 2016 and Windows 10^, as well as Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10 for many popular I/O drivers.
* Excludes alarm history
^ Includes Windows 10 Anniversary Update