6 April 2016
We are pleased to announce that we will be delivering the latest Vijeo Citect / CitectSCADA product fixes to our Customer FIRST Support program members faster than ever before with our new patch system.
What is a patch?
A patch is a collection of the latest Vijeo Citect / CitectSCADA product fixes for issues that were reported by our customers. In other words, a patch is like a “mini service pack” that is produced at regular intervals with the aim of providing stability, performance, quality and functionality improvements. Patches are available from Vijeo Citect / CitectSCADA 2015 onwards.
Some of the key benefits of patches include:
- Quality: All included fixes are tested by our Quality Assurance (QA) team.
- Frequency: They include fixes for issues that were resolved in the most recent development cycles.
- Prevention: You not only get fixes for issues you may have found, you also get fixes for issues encountered by other users, avoiding any potential disruptions down the track.
- Peace of Mind: The latest patch will include fixes from previous patches, so you don’t need to worry about any regression to your system.
Installation / un-installation of patches
The installation of Patches is straight-forward. However, there are a few things you need to know to determine which software patch you need and how it should be applied:
- You can only have one patch installed at any given time. Should you wish to install a new patch, you will need to make sure that any existing Patch is uninstalled first.
- Patches will always be produced on top of the latest service pack, assuming one is available. Therefore, please take note of the name of the patch to understand its dependencies (e.g. Vijeo Citect 2015 Service Pack 1 needs to be installed before applying Vijeo Citect 2015 Service Pack 1 Patch 1).
- When a new service pack is released, you will be able to install it directly over an existing patch, allowing you to roll-back to the patch should the need arise.
Where to get the latest patches